cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway Cluster Call Routed Mode

Paul Richardson
Level 1
Level 1

I have one client that has a VCS Expressway cluster that has call routed mode set to always.  Checking several other clients, I find that call routed mode is set to optimal, as shown in Cisco VCS cluster creation documents.

It could be my memory fading, but I thought that I had seen a document from Cisco stating that call routed mode on Expressway clusters should be set to Always.  Anyone have any info on this?

Cheers,  Paul Richardson

2 Replies 2

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

VCS version prior to x4 only had one option, i.e. call routed mode always. Later on you always have two option always & optimal. 

When you create the cluster you want to keep it "optimal" because you don't want to consume licenses on both the peers. As far my memory goes all the cluster creation guide talks about call routed mode to "optimal". Untill you are referring to way old document or may be it is an effect of documentation bug.

Regards,

Alok

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All the avalaible VCS cluster creation guides that are on Cisco.com, all the way back to X5.0, have you configure call routed mode set to optimal.  The guides applies to both VCS Control and Expressway.