Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway upgrade from 7.2 to 8.1

robertaerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All!

I am trying to upgrade my VCS Expressway to 8.1.  My VCS Control is already there.  However when I upgrade the expressway, and attempt an H323 call, it connects, but no audio or video gets through.  No calls will come inbound.  I have checked with the firewall folks, and the ports are wide open.  I understand the port change with the new version, but we should be up and running with the firewall opened up.  Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The ports have changed. One part are the ports in between the VCS-C and -E,

the easiest is if the VCS-C is behind NAT, all outbound connections are allowed and

their answers back in.

The other part is the handling of ports from the outside to the VCS-E as the demultiplexing

ports (2776/2777) changes as well.

Please tripple check the firewall document. You might have some different settings,

so please also check on the VCS inbound and outbound port list what you really have to set up.

Please be aware that all h323 and sip awareness / ALG / nat helper, ... have to be disabled!

If you do it right it should work :-)

Besides that, you should use X8.2.2 as this fixes a couple of serious security bugs.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi

demultiplexing port change in x8, but in the later versions you were able to change them back to 2776/2777 - Configuration --> Traversal --> Ports, and an upgrade should retain these. Problem is, I can't remember what version this came in, but certainly upgrading to x8.2.2 would be wise.

Cheers

Chris