Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Inquiry

Hello Community!

Got questions on VCS and they are as follows:

(1). Taking aside MOVI, EX series & E20, does the VCS Starter Pack support other endpoints e.g SX-20, MX-300 e.t.c ?

(2). What do we refer to as provisioning?

(3). Do we need an extra server or licensing to share content (say between MOVI and SX-20) or it is there by default?

I look forward to your useful information.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Kelvin

(1): The VCS supports a wide variety of endpoints. Almost all that support SIP or H323.

Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, Liftsize and more. Although some endpoints might require additional infrastructure like TMS Server.

(2): “TMS provisioning is the mechanism through which the VCS and TMS share FindMe and device provisioning data, this allows the VCS to provision endpoints with configuration information on request and to supply endpoints with phone book information”

(3): Content shearing should be a default feature. Not additional licencing or servers needed.

Is it mandatory to use TMS when deploying Movi?

Unless you are using the VCS Express Starter Pack, then Yes, TMS is required to deploy Movi.  TMS provides the management tool to control all the settings for your Movi Users.

The description for VCS Starter Pack is as follows.

CTI-VCS-STPAK-K9                    VCS Starter Pack Express 50 regs 5 trav calls Movi 5 PHD USB

(1). Does this mean I can register up to 50 Movi users directly from opening the box without having to purchase additional         licenses?

(2). If not so, then what licenses do I need?

Also

(3). What kind of licenses do I need to register other TelePresence endpoints like SX-20?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kelvin!

Yes, thats the intention of the Starter Pack Express, to have a out of the box soluion which does not

require an external management solution like the TMS.

Its up to 50 registrations, it does not matter if its an endpoint or movi/jabber video, no additional

licenses needed for an sx20.

Movi/JabberVideo, E20, EX60, EX90 and MX200 can be provisioned with the starter pack, but other endpoints, like your sx20,

can register to it as well if you manually configure them which is quite easy as well.

"Provisioning" is the automated configuration of an endpoint.

If you register the endpoint with sip and h323 two registration licenses would be taken but it shall be

ok just to use sip only as well.

Be aware that it comes with license for 5 simultanious calls, but you can buy more call licenses if needed.

Datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11315/ps11337/data_sheet_c78-697075.html

Kelvin: Please rate the message by using the stars below

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: