cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS IP and routing

Hello,

my next stupid questions is :

image.png

1.Can i put the ip of the VCS to be 10.20.100.140 ?

2.When i try to use the web interface of the VCS and E20 it can't find them. Why?

I can go to the web interface of the ASA and the router, but can't log in because i don't have the username and password.

The default gateway of the router 192.168.100.1

It will be great if you can help me with this one. Thanks !

26 Replies 26

I've tried to change the ip of the vcs but still no result...

Hi Svetoslav,

its not a normal scneario to use NAT'in on VCS control.

What i can suggest is that you convert the VCS control to expressway bu putting the expressway  option key and then purchase "dual nic option key" which allows you to send/receive calls in a Nat'ed enviornment.

Rgds

Alok

As i said i don't understand that stuff but with your help i want to learn it. I have these option keyes

LIC-VCSE-100: 

LIC-VCS-GW: 

LIC-VCS-DEVPROV: 

LIC-VCS-10: 

Can you tell me what can these option keys be for?

Regards

Svetoslav

Another question is if i want to register E20(192.168.1.14) to the VCS how can i do it? Witch ip should i put in the settings to connect to ? Thanks

if you enable Dual NIC option, then you register E20 in internal LAN via internal NIC of VCS and for external users you use external NIC of VCS.

EX90 (on external internet uses 10.x.x.x of VCS)----- 10.x.x.x (ext)VCS (192.x.x.x)------- E20 (on internal LAN uses 192.x.x.x of VCS)

regards, Ahmad

LIC-VCSE-100:  This is Traversal  key

LIC-VCS-GW:  This is the Gateway key

LIC-VCS-DEVPROV:  This is Device provisioning key

LIC-VCS-10:  This is no traversal key

Either you need to get service pack key or Dual NIC key for VCS-expressway
in order to bridge between internal LAN and internet. if you NAT the IP addresses then
you need Dual NIC option key.
regards, Ahmad

Hi Svetoslav,

As Alok recommended above, you can convert VCS Control to VCS Expressway.

Action plan:

- Obtain and install "Expressway" option key on VCS

- Obtain and install "Dual Network Interfaces" option key on VCS

- Enable "IPv4 static NAT mode" on VCSE network interface and define VCSE public IP address

- Configure static NAT on ASA5505 for VCSE public IP address

So, answering your last question, you should define VCSE public IP address, as SIP proxy, in E20 configuration.

For more information please check following document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

Best regards,

Sergey

Hi Sergey

How obtain "expressway' option key for VCS ?

Can you provide part-number for this option?

Thanks

br Oleksandr

Hi Oleksandr,

you need to send an email to licensing@cisco.com with the serial number of your VCS.

if you have already purchased this feature, then you will be provided with the option key. otherwise you need to buy the feature from your channel manager.

regards, Ahmad

Hi Ahmad

Can you provide Cisco GPL price for  "expressway option key" for existing VCS Control?

Can you provide part number for this option?

br Oleksandr

Hi Oleksandr,

The part number is

LIC-VCS-DI

Unfortunately I am not supposed to provide any price for any parts. Your channel manager can help you with that which pretty much depending on your contract type.

I hope this helped.

Best regards,

Ahmad

Ahmad Sharifinejad wrote:

The part number is

LIC-VCS-DI

Ahmad,  I'm not sure that option LIC-VCS-DI provide Expressway option key and expressway functionality ...

br Oleksandr

Hi Oleksandr,

The part number LIC-VCS-DI is just enable Dual Interface on VCS (VCSC or VCSE) and it doesn't turn it to a expressway. I think you were asking for part number of Dual interface or I confused with some other cases sorry about that. (for expressway functionality the part number is LIC-VCSE-E ).

You can also enable Dual interface on the VCSC, I don't know why someone want to do that but it is possible although rare. One scenario could be having different VLANs connected to the same VCSC.

But I mentioned, if you get a VCS Starter pack option key, you turn your VCSC to a expressway with dual interface enabled. I hope this is clear.

Best regards, Ahmad

Hi Oleksandr,

The part numbers and ordering information you can find in the following document, section "Ordering Information"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11315/ps11337/data_sheet_c78-697073.pdf

Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Expressway (VCS Expressway Appliance)           CTI-VCS-EXPRESS-K9

Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Expressway (Virtualized Application)           R-VMVCS-EXPWY-K9

For price information, please contact your account manager or contact Cisco partner in your region.

You can use Partner Locator to obtain partners contact information

http://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do

Best regards,

Sergey Kuzmin