Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Lync integration Certificate Problem

AHMAD HASSAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I’m trying to setup a test lab for VSC x8.1 and Lync 2013 based on Cisco-VCS-Microsoft-Lync-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.

I followed all steps in this guide at the end nothing work, I troubleshoot  to find out the problem I guess is in the Lync  certificate as attached screen shot.

Any help?

Hi All,

Best Regards

Ahmad Hassan 

5 Replies 5

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Ahmad,

I am guessing you have already created the Trusted application pool in Lync using the FQDN and not IP address? Do you have server certificate on the VCS signed by a common CA that signs the Lync certs? 

Thanks!

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George,

Thank you for your replay.

Your are right I created the Trusted application pool in Lync using the FQDN and not IP, and assumed the certificate I upload to VCS is correct using CA that signs the Lync certs “ which is installed on DC of the Lync server”.

Is there any way to verify the uploaded cert. is right ?

Thanks,

From your Lync FE server, navigate to the VCS's admin webpage using the FQDN and see if you get errors. If you dont get error, make sure that the cert on the VCS has the "client authentication" attribute set.

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George,,

I reload the certificate to VCS. login to VCS from CA and Lync server with FQDN at attached screen shot” still there is a certificate error when use IP”, the certificate is uploaded successfully, but lync connection status still “connection rejected”.

What can I do to solve this problem?  

Thanks,

Hi George,

I reload the certificate to VCS. I login to VCS from CA and Lync server with FQDN at attached screen shot” still there is a certificate error when use IP”, the certificate is uploaded successfully, but lync connection status still “connection rejected”.

What can I do to solve this problem?  

Thanks,