Cisco Support Community
Community Member

VCS Option keys

Hello all ,

i have these option keys in my vcs

I don't have an VCS-E and the VCS is behind a Router,ASA and another Router One cisco friend told me that i can reach the VCS with an VideoPhone E20 with only open and forward ports on the ASA, but i still can't believe it... Is that true ? If yes why do i need a VCS-E?

In the moment i reach the VCS with phones only with VPN tunnel between the networks(but i must buy a rv180 router everytime i add a client)

My other question is how can i add a laptop for example to talk with a video phone ... Can i use jabber with these licenses? I used a softphone /i don't remember the name of it/ but the quality was bad...

Everyone's tags (3)

VCS Option keys

The endpoints behind a VCS-C need to transparent talk to each other on a big variety of ports.

The concept of firewall traversal is a VCS-C+E.

You might get something to work with a ALG, just simple prot forwardind would not be enough.

Anyhow, this is not a supported solution so I would not go that way.

If you have multiple endpoints you want to look into getting a vcs-e or finding a provider which can

offer you that as a service could also be a solution.

"Jabber" is based on CUCM.

For JaberVideo, you would need either a VCS-E-Starterpack (that might anyhow be a option for you) or

TMS with the proper liceneses.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

CreatePlease to create content