Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS- questions:

Shy Solenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm plannint to install VCS for the first time next week..

In the cisco.com  install and upgrade page there is few guids:

Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Getting Started (X7.2)

what is the difrence between them?

In addition, in the client there is cucm 8.6... this can talk with the vcs.. they bought also MCU and TMS - where i need to register all of that? in the MCU?

I'll appriciate if someone will make me order in all the registration and how it need to wirk at the end?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shy,

Cisco VCS virtual deployment is for Vmware deployement solution.

you need to refer VCS control deployment guide or VCS control with expressway deployment guide for your installation.

with CUCM 8.6, it should be connected to VCS over SIP trunk.

you can deploy TMS on same network to add your endpoints on it for managing.

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shy,

VCS is a call control agent which has SIP/H.323 capability. endpoints can register to VCS using any of the protocols. VCS has two flavours currently available which a appliance box and virtual deployment. Hence two installation guides are available.

simillarly like endpoints MCU can register to your vcs using sip/h.323 and allow endusers to host conferences on mcu. vcs pretty mcuh supports cucm 8.6

TMS is a management software which is used basically to manage the infrastructure and end devices. TMS also allow the administrator to provision their devices like jabber (movi), and endpoints like sx20 etc.

I hope this clarifies a little for you. i recommend you to go through cisco website and research for all this prodcuts before deployment.

Regards

Alok