Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS registration issues.

Wee Teck Ng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any idea why am I getting the below error very frequently?

Registration was not refreshed in time and endpoint failed to respond to IRQ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VCS include "Time to live" parameter in RCF (registration confirm) which specifies the interval (in seconds) at which an H.323 endpoint must re-register with the VCS in order to confirm that it is still functioning.

If VCS doesn't receive any/update RRQ (registration request) within this TTL, the VCS will remove that Endpoint registration from table.

Normally most of H323 device send new/update RRQ to VCS at half or 75% of TTL.

This typically sees if user simply shutdown the Endpoint after conference finished or lost network connectivity.      

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VCS include "Time to live" parameter in RCF (registration confirm) which specifies the interval (in seconds) at which an H.323 endpoint must re-register with the VCS in order to confirm that it is still functioning.

If VCS doesn't receive any/update RRQ (registration request) within this TTL, the VCS will remove that Endpoint registration from table.

Normally most of H323 device send new/update RRQ to VCS at half or 75% of TTL.

This typically sees if user simply shutdown the Endpoint after conference finished or lost network connectivity.      

Thanks Mr Tomo for your quick response.

The reason I am asking is because there are times where the system is left in standby mode after being used.

After hours when I return back to video conference mode, I can see the system being de-registered from VCS. When I usually do to recover is to reboot the unit.

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Also the  IRQmessages are sent by gatekeeper to the endpoint to know its current statys.!!in respsone to this messages the endpoint initiate a IRR which tells gatekeeper of its current status or whether it has any calls active etc.

It seems in your network something is blocking from propogating these messages to endpoint in specified time period as Tomo said and vcs clear out the registration.

Thanks

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: