Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VCS Search rule

Hi,

I am trying to configure a search rule in order to direct calls to an especific domain.

All numbers are 15xxx (all of them starts with 15). For reference, if the entry call is going to 15001@publicdomain.com it has to be translated to 15001@privatedomain.com and leave to the zone wich SIP domain is privatedomain.com

I trying to do that trough search rules but I couldn't do it yet. 

BTW, VCS version is 5.2.

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VCS Search rule

Hi Douglas,

you can do this either with a search rule or a translation rule.

The translation is always done before searching and allows you to change the called party number. Be aware, that only one translation could be used at a time. So if you have multiple translation only the first one, that matches will be applied.

You can also achieve this with search rules. You have to search for a pattern match with the correct regex. The positive affect is, if the alias is not found, it could be searched with the public domain too. The next rules are also processed, if the alias matched the regex and no registered alias was found and "On successfull match" was set to continue.

I've attached two screenshots, how it could look like.

BR Paul

Regards, Paul
3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: VCS Search rule

HI Douglas,

if this is to be a permanent rewrite from publicdomain.com to privatedomain.com, you can achieve this by creating a regex transform on the VCS, for example transforming from

(15.*)@publicdomain\.com

to

\1@privatedomain.com

You could then create a suffic search rule for the neighbor/traversal zone in question which matches privatedomain.com

- Andreas

VCS Search rule

Hi Douglas,

you can do this either with a search rule or a translation rule.

The translation is always done before searching and allows you to change the called party number. Be aware, that only one translation could be used at a time. So if you have multiple translation only the first one, that matches will be applied.

You can also achieve this with search rules. You have to search for a pattern match with the correct regex. The positive affect is, if the alias is not found, it could be searched with the public domain too. The next rules are also processed, if the alias matched the regex and no registered alias was found and "On successfull match" was set to continue.

I've attached two screenshots, how it could look like.

BR Paul

Regards, Paul

VCS Search rule

Thanks for you help, it was really helpful

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content