Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Starter Pack - Migration Query

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a client who is currently using the VCS-Expressway Starter Pack, it has now got to the stage where they are wanting to implement the full firewall traversal and provisioning solution, using VCS-Control and TMS.

Is there any documentation to state this migration process, i can't seem to find anything?

I presume i will have to transfer the current findme option key on the VCS-Expressway to VCS-Control, so i can set up provisioning with TMS based on best practices.

Also, is there a way i can export the starter pack provisioning database somehow, and import into TMS?

Thanks, Si

3 Replies 3

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

i don't think there is any specific documentation for the migration from stater pack to full provisoning. means in terms of migrating all the database etc.

Although if you go through the vcs control and expressway deployment guide you will come to know about the functionality.

yes, you need to migrate the finde me option key from expressway to control plus you also need device provisioning key on control.

not sure if you can migrate the database but i believe "NO" as the provisioning on the starter pack is very limited and TMS will give you lot of options. However i never tried it and may be if some has tried it might guide you.

Thanks

Alok

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

Depending on your call flows and call patterns, you may want to have TMSPE and FindMe on the VCS-E as well.

We do that, as most of our endpoints are VCS-E registered and make outside to outside calls.

Without TMSPE and FindMe on VCS-E, all those outside to outside calls will end up with no source alias translation and would all force all media through the Expressway with all the negative bandwidth implications thereof.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VCS-E Starter Pack has limited and different provisioning configuration compare to legacy TMS agent provisioning DB therefore unfortunately there is not method for DB migration from VCS-E Starter Pack to legacy TMS agent provisioning DB.

Please refer to TMS provisioning guide as new installation but strongly recommend to use TMS-PE in inital installation instead of starting with legacy TMS agent provisioning.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: