Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

VCS Starterpack - internal phonebook

Hi.

I have a question regarding Phonebook services on VCS Starterpack (X8.1). Is it possible to leverage the internal

Phonebook directory for all the registered devices? I mean - locally registered Jabber Video (MOVI) clients on Windows,

Jabber for iPad and video endpoints (Profile etc.). It is now showing only Windows clients.

Already tried to setup ID/Type/URL (Phonebook Server 1) on Profile endpoints to use the same configuration details

Windows Jabber clients use but this is probably not the right way.

ID: default

Type: VCS

URL: phonebook@video.domain

As seen in application log on Profile, outgoing SUBSCRIBE to phonebook@video.domain returns "200 OK".

Appreciate any help.

Marcel

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

Hehe, I never tried the phonebooks on the starter pack.

Not aware that there is a real option. I think there is no configuration for phonebooks on the VCS-E-SP,

at least I do not recall having seen any configuration option in older versions.

What kind of endpoints do you use? If its a E20, EX60/90 or MX200 you could use the provisioning,

that might add phonebook entries for these and phonebooks to these endpoints.

If the endpoint type is not supported by the VCS-E-SP it would not work.

I am not sure if only active prticipants are shown, what you could try to do is to create user accounts

for these unknown endpoints, maybe that's a workaround to at least let these systems show up in the phonebook

but that would not help them to see it. (sure you could try to configure the user/password settings)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Martin,

your suggestion is fine, but as you mentioned it's just a workaround. If I create "dummy" account in the VCS

I lost presence information. And this won't solve my phonebook problem on "Profile-s".

The endpoint compbination I'm talking about are Jabbers (Windows, iPad) and Profiles (42/65), so no E/EX/MX Series. :/

Marcel

Re: VCS Starterpack - internal phonebook

Thee might be a reason why it is called "Starterpack" ;)

Feel free to contact your Cisco partner to file a feature request.

Besides that if you need more features or grow look into a upgrading your
Vcs and add tms. The be6000 could also be worth investigating.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content