cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Upgrade to 7.03 = No Jabber / Movi Registration

AMC5733926
Level 1
Level 1

Recently upgraded our VCS Starter Pack to 7.03. No issues with the upgrade but once complete Jabber / Movi clients can no longer register. Endpoints such as the EX90's have no trouble. I have not been able to find a root cause.

jabber.JPG

Has anyone seen this after an upgrade?

23 Replies 23

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

check your registration policy settings. This could be changed due to the upgrade and not allow the provisioning request to succeed

see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/release_note/Cisco_VCS_Release_Note_X7-0-3.pdf

Regards, Paul

Provisioning apears to take place without any issue. However as you can see the registration fails.

Hi,

is the SUBSCRIBE from Movi responded to with a 200 OK message? If yes, does the provisioning service proceed and send a NOTIFY message to the Movi client?

Regards

Andreas

Andreas,

yes i see the 200 ok

SIPMSG:
|SIP/2.0 200 OK

Via: SIP/2.0/TLS   167.244.141.163:1151;branch=z9hG4bKfc0fbad270b0cd5e2f33b23c1805ae1d.1;received=167.244.141.163;rport=1151;ingress-zone=DefaultZone

and the Notify:

Feb 8 08:53:20 video tvcs: Event="Request   Received" Service="SIP" Src-ip="127.0.0.1"   Src-port="22410" Dst-ip="127.0.0.1"   Dst-port="5060" Protocol="UDP" Method="NOTIFY"   Request-URI="sip:testmovi@167.244.141.163:1151;transport\=tls"   Level="3" UTCTime="2012-02-08 13:53:20

Addtionally i dont see anything abnormal with the communication from the client side.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Jordan

Jordan,

can you verify that the NOTIFY gets delivered to the Movi client?

Also, inside that NOTIFY message, you will see a section tagged with ''. Inside this section you will see the SIP Server Address which the Movi client is told to register with, for instance 'vcs.cisco.com' would indicate a SIP Server Address of 'vcs.cisco.com'.

You need to verify that the Movi client is able to resolve this address in DNS, preferably with the help of Wireshark which will show you the DNS lookup and any replies which come back.

You will need to take a diagnostics log with the Network log level set to 'DEBUG' in order to see the actual payload contents of the NOTIFY.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas,

Yes you can see in the logs the vcs (video.amc.edu) assigned through the provisioning process.

Local host can resolve the address

The client successfully gets the provisioning info and attempts to register to video.amc.edu. Thats where the trail stops.. Is there a way to debug the registration events?

This is the contents of the notify message i meant to cinclude in the previous post.

http://www.tandberg.net/Provisioning/2/">video.amc.edutestmovi.movi@phonebook@ontestmovi.movi@768testmovitestmovi768|

Hi

Enable network log level to Debug. Stop logging once you have tried to log in. Then download the log and open it in the SMART tool developed by Cesar Fiestas and see if you can see anything odd. There is a link to the SMART tool here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2128624?tstart=30

Hope this helps.

Jordan,

if you look at the NOTIFY, you will see that both the Sign on URI, Presence URI and Phonebook URI are all missing the domain portion of the URI (unless you manually removed those parts for privacy) and if that is the case then that would most likely be the cause of the registration failure, as the syntax would be incorrect.

Can you confirm that you did not remove the domain portion yourself, and that what you posted is the actual NOTIFY?

Regards

Andreas

Andreas,

I did not edit the notify data. That is exactly what was in the debug.

Regards

http://www.tandberg.net/Provisioning/2/">video.amc.edutestmovi.movi@phonebook@ontestmovi.movi@768testmovitestmovi768|

Feb 8 08:53:20 video tvcs:   UTCTime="2012-02-08 13:53:20391"   Module="network.sip" Level="INFO": Dst-ip="167.244.141.163" Dst-port="1151"   Detail="Sending Request Method=NOTIFYRequest-URI=sip:testmovi@167.244.141.163:1151;transport=tlsCall-ID=79927a2929235b85@127.0.0.1"
Feb 8 08:53:20 video tvcs: Event="Request   Sent" Service="SIP" Src-ip="167.244.213.31"   Src-port="5061" Dst-ip="167.244.141.163"   Dst-port="1151" Protocol="TLS" Method="NOTIFY"   To="sip:testmovi@167.244.141.163:1151;transport\=tls"   Level="3" UTCTime="2012-02-08 13:53:20391"

Jordan,

could you describe exactly which values you have configured the Movi client with (username, internal/external server and SIP domain) as well as provide screenshots of the 'Edit user account' and the devices/location page for the 'testmovi' user?

Also, does amc.edu exist as a SIP domain on this Starter Pack VCS?

- Andreas

Jordan,

I've done a quick test on a Starter Pack in my lab, and I think I have found what your problem is.

Does the "FindMe ID (dialable address)" of this user happen to be simply 'testmovi' without any domain?

If so, then this is your issue. The FindMe ID should normally be an URI-type address, in your case most likely 'testmovi@amc.edu', and in my lab I can reproduce the NOTIFY seen in your environment if the FindMe ID is set to 'testmovi' rather than 'testmovi@amc.edu'.

Regards

Andreas

What are the settings in TMS?

I did a quick check and our domain is included in the provisioning response:

http://www.tandberg.net/Provisioning/2/">off turnvcsx.nts.atvcs.nts.atusername@domain.tldphonebook@domain.tldpresence@domain.tldmultiway@domain.tldPatrik usernamefind.me@domain.tld10241024High|

Regards, Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: