cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Upgrade to 7.03 = No Jabber / Movi Registration

AMC5733926
Level 1
Level 1

Recently upgraded our VCS Starter Pack to 7.03. No issues with the upgrade but once complete Jabber / Movi clients can no longer register. Endpoints such as the EX90's have no trouble. I have not been able to find a root cause.

jabber.JPG

Has anyone seen this after an upgrade?

23 Replies 23

Paul,

this is a Starter Pack VCS so no TMS involved with provisioning.

-Andreas

yeah, saw that after klicking on post. I was a little to fast on the send button ;-)

But the TMS Agent on the Starterpack VCSX should send the same provisioning request, right?

Regards, Paul

Yes that's correct Paul, the NOTIFY itself will be similar.

-Andreas

Settings of course are minimal on the client. No changes to the domain or addressing

As you can see the EX90 registers and can make and take calls without any issue.

Jordan,

as per my earlier post today, please change the FindMe ID from 'testmovi' to 'testmovi@amc.edu' and your problem should go away.

I assume that the EX90 either has a proper URI-based FindMe ID and/or that this device is not using provisioning but is rather manually configured with H323 and SIP settings, and that this is why the EX90 is not showing similar symptoms.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas,

THATS IT! This is definately a change from the previous version. None of our existing accounts are defined this way. It never would have occurred to me to try this. I am sorry that I overlooked the first time you suggested this change.

Thanks so much for your help!

Regards,

Jordan

Jordan,

I'm glad to hear it's working now.

As a side note, I would always recommend using a publicly routable URI for FindMe ID if you are planning to make calls to external parties. If your FindMe ID is simply 'testmovi' and you place an external call, and if Caller ID is set to FindMe ID on the VCS, the caller will be presented as 'testmovi' which will normally not allow the callee to call back at a later time (Or call back a missed call) since 'testmovi' is not a publicly routable number/alias, while 'testmovi@amc.edu' is.

Regards

Andreas