Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS With Public IP - Movi

nomykhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have purchased the Video Communication Server (VCS) Starter Pack.

I have configured the VCS control on the inside network (behind the firewall). I have opened all traffic on the firewall. A public IP is assigned to the server. I can connect the movi client from inside my local network.

From the internet i am not able to connect the movi client. I can open the administration page of the control server which means the connectivity is fine.

Is this a valid configuration? Is it compulsory to have the expresss way on the outside of firewall to access from internet?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Nouman

3 Replies 3

vipersl65
Level 4
Level 4

You need the dual NIC/NAT option key in the Expressway if you are putting the firewall in the DMZ.  You have to point the control Traversal zone to the public IP of the Expressway.

If you dont have this option key, put the expressway in front of the firewall, not recommended for security reason but it is el cheapo

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you see in the vcs log any registrations attempts ?

For using the express way see the below discussion which is useful

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3510128#3510128

Hope this help

Ahmed Abdullahi
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you have a firewall issue. I say check it again. I've had situation where I was sure I had the right ports open but I left something out.

Depending on what type of firewall you have, do a log and see what is being dropped.

AA