Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS X7 B2BUA to Microsoft Lync integration problem with Static route

Hello All,

I am trying to integrate our Cisco VCS Control and Microsoft Lync server but cannot get it to work. Indeed in the documentation (Cisco VCS X7.0 Microsoft OCS 2007 R2 Microsoft Lync 2010) I've see that you have to create Trusted application Pool and trusted application for the VCS.

The call works fine when I try to call from endpoint to lync client but when I try to call from lync client to endpoint I've the message "cannot locate" I think it's normal because I've no static route to the VCS.

I didn't find any information about static route to add on the lync server for send the request to the VCS in the documentation

(Cisco VCS X7.0 Microsoft OCS 2007 R2 Microsoft Lync 2010) is it normal?

I've try this configuration:

New-CsTrustedApplicationPool -Identity vcs.visio.company.fr -Registrar srvlync-fe1.comiris.com -site 1 -ComputerFqdn vcs.video.company.fr -RequiresReplication $False -ThrottleAsServer $True -TreatAsAuthenticated $True

New-CsTrustedApplication -ApplicationID VCSApplication1 -TrustedApplicationPoolFqdn vcs.visio.company.fr -Port 5061

set-CsMediaConfiguration -EncryptionLevel supportencryption

Enable-CsTopology

$Route1 = New-CsStaticRoute -TLSRoute -Destination "vcs.visio.company.fr" –Port 5061 -MatchUri "visio.company.fr" -UseDefaultCertificate $True

Set-CsStaticRoutingConfiguration -Identity global -Route @{Add=$Route1}

Now I can call Endpoint to LYNC --> ok ( I see during a  call in the "status ->call-> B2BUA zone used LYNC and To microsoft lync B2UA)

Lync to endpoint -> video and audio ok in the endpoint side and No video in the lync client (I see during a call in the status->call> default zone to subzone where is the endpoint. I have no B2BUA lunk used.

Can you confirm me that my static route is good or I need to modify the port for static route AND trusted application with port B2BUA 65072?

Like this:

New-CsTrustedApplication -ApplicationID VCSApplication1 -TrustedApplicationPoolFqdn vcs.visio.company.fr -Port 65072

$Route1  = New-CsStaticRoute -TLSRoute -Destination "vcs.visio.company.fr" –Port 65072 -MatchUri "visio.company.fr" -UseDefaultCertificate $True

Thanks by advance for your help

19 Replies 19

Abdel,

are you hitting the MCU/GW on SIP or H323?

You could try setting the 'USER_INPUT' event capture filter on the MCU/GW to 'Errors, warnings, information and trace', clear the log and then place the call again and input DTMF from your Lync client, to see if these input events appear in the log on the MCU/GW.

Other than that, troubleshooting this issue would involve taking logs which means raising a TAC case would be the way to go.

Regards

Andreas

Thanks Andreas,

I've done the test with H323 protocol.

For the MCU nothing in the event capture when I send DTMF

For the GW the problem is different when I'm connected to the GW the keypad on Lync client disapear.

Have you already done this test with Lync????

Thanks by advance,

Abdel

Hi Abdel,

I just set up a call from Lync to a PIN-protected auto attendant of an 8510 MCU, and I discovered something which is likely to be related to your issue:

From what it looks in the tests I just made, Lync seems to internally mute the outgoing audio stream if there microphone does not sense any sound activity. This would affectc DTMF tones since these are sent as RFC2833 RTP events on the audio stream. I noticed this as I was sitting in my quiet office - when I set up the call and started sending DTMF tones, these did not appear to be registered by the auto attendant (I would expect to see white dots in the white PIN-frame in the AA).

Once I made some noise so that the Lync client unmuted the audio channel, I could successfully send DTMF tones and they were registered by the auto attendant.

The Lync client did not show any indication that the audio stream was muted.

For the scenario where you call your ISDN GW from your Lync client and the keypad disappears, I believe this is because the ISDN GW only supports in-band DTMF, while Lync 2010 only supports DTMF via out-of-band/RFC2833 RTP events. I therefore don't think that you will be able to place outbound ISDN calls from Lync via the gateway's auto attendant, while it should work (as far as I'm aware) to place outgoing PSTN calls via regular dialing rules on the gateway.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your test.

For my side I've never success to put DTMF in the MCU or GW. The only difference with you office is from my client LYNC I tried to join MCU throught VCS-c VCS-e ->MCU_internet.

My customer has only a gateway and VCSs  in his infrastrure therefore why the GW the issue is the same when I'lm connected the keypad disapear.

I've already have this issue with the same customer when he used OCS R2 but since I've update the VCS to X6 version the problem was solved. (

In X5.1, DTMF tones are not supported during an interworked call. This will be addressed in a future version.)

I think that the same issue is back with X7 version but I've found this is cisco site and would like to know what do you think:

DTMF and Lync/OCS 2007 R1 and R2

If you are running Cisco TelePresence MCU software version 2.2 or  earlier, DTMF tones from Lync/OCS 2007 will not work. Cisco TelePresence  MCU software versions 2.3 and later all support DTMF over RFC 2833,  therefore DTMF tones from Lync/OCS 2007 will work.

Do you think that I've to raise case a cisco support?

Regards

Abdel,

yes it would probably be good to get a TAC case opened, since DTMF should at least work towards the MCU (Assuming this MCU is running at least version 2.3 software, as you have pointed out).

Regards

Andreas