Helpful
Replies

VCS x8.1/ Lync 2013 Interoperability

julien.plante
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Another issue to submit.

Lync interop option key has been added, b2bua zones have been defined, sip trunk has been set on the Lync front end, everything looks like the interop deployment guide.

But, we would like to make it work in TCP between both infras, and I cannot set the B2BUA to TCP.

After typing the xconf zones zone 3 neighbor sip transport: "TCP", B2BUA needs to be restarted and then turns back to TLS, even though on the web interface, it's been set to TCP.

If anyone of you already saw it, i'm buying the solution.

Cheers,

Jul

4 Replies 4

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Julien,

what is your requirement actually? i am confused because you actually gave two different snapshots.

first snapshot is to communicate between VCS and Lync and it is set to TCP port "5060" and the second snapshot is for connecting to service B2BUA and it utilizes the port 5061.

so if you are looking to communicate between VCS and lync and want to utilize the transport as TCP then you can do it from web and no need to change it via CLI. you can simply change the port to 5060 and make sure the lync server listen on port 5060.

your second statement holds true for connecting to local service. i tried modifying the transport and restarting the B2BUA service. and it changes it back to use TLS. However its the default behaviour.

i will check it further.

regrds

Alok

Julien,

i tried few tweaks and i can make the local service to connect and to use port 5060, but the problem is after modifying my B2BUA zone to lync throws error and it doesn't detects the zone which system generated automatically.

i think its embedded in the code.

Regards

Alok

Alok,

It's exactly the behaviour that I pointed out. In fact, the B2BUA service listens on the TLS port and not the TCP, so we've got the following pattern :

Virtual VCS (TCP) ===> Front Lync (TCP)

Front Lync (TCP) ===> VB2BUA (TLS)

So whenever a call is set between the 2 infrastructures, the back flow doesn't pass as Lync can't set a TLS leg to access the VCS...

The fact is that my client didnt want to set everything on TLS as they're gonna change their PKI policy within a few months and have not yet the tools to set this policy now...

This is gonna be an issue, too bad we can't set a TCP b2bua service.

Thanks for your help Alok

Julien,

the B2BUA listen on separate port from lync end.  the ports used are 65070 and 65072.

you can setup the communication between VCS and lync using 5060 (TCP) even though the B2BUA connects to local service on port 5061. you don't have to worry about that.

regards

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: