Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS x8.1 software upgrade

Hi all,

I read the release notes for the new VCS x8.1 software but did not find anything about the upgrade path.  Is it safe to upgrade from x7.1(running TMSPE) directly to x8.1 without having to do a step upgrade?

Cheers,

Andre

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In general yes, but sure, as we do not know your setup, like how its deployed, managed,

which other dependenies you might have double check  the release notes, admin and deployment guides.

Dont forget to backup your VCS, if you have a virtual version a snapshot can become handy,

also remember that you require a release key to upgrade from X7.x to X8.x

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

3 REPLIES

In general yes, but sure, as we do not know your setup, like how its deployed, managed,

which other dependenies you might have double check  the release notes, admin and deployment guides.

Dont forget to backup your VCS, if you have a virtual version a snapshot can become handy,

also remember that you require a release key to upgrade from X7.x to X8.x

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Did you do the upgrade and Martin do you know if you have to be running tmsxe i am currently on tms 13.2

Hi Chris,

I did the upgrade, went without a hitch.  As far as I know, you don't need to run tmsxe, but you do need to be on TMSPE.

Cheers,

Andre

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content