Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VCSE with dual NIC / SIP H323 encrypted call / traversal and non-traversal call license questions

Dear All,

I have a few questions and I would appereciate if someone will answer my questions?

1) May I know pros and cons of using Dual NIC and single NIC with VCSE in DMZ?

2) In order to make H323 and SIP encrypted call, what configuration need to be done on Cisco endpoint, non-cisco endpoint, VCSC and VCSE (both signalling and Media need to be encrypted). 

3)let say my VCSE is in DMZ- endpoint A (cisco) and endpoint  B (non-cisco) are registered on VCSE. I would like VCSE to use non-traversal call license when A call to B or B call to A regardless of whether H323 or SIP call.How can I force VCSE and endpoints to use non-traversal call. I only want VCSE to handle signalling and media is EP to EP direct. As traversal license is quite expensive.

I found following information from Cisco document.

all Cisco TelePresence endpoints are traversal enabled and so a traversal license will always be needed when at least one of the endpoints involved in the call is a Cisco TelePresence endpoint.

Is it possible to disable traversal client feature of Cisco endpoint?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content