Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VIDEO CALL FROM JABBER TO SX-20

Hello everyone.

I have installed an SX-20 and I could make calls from the SX-20 to Jabber.com but not from jabber.com  to the SX-20.

I have the appropriate  routerports redirected to  lan ip of the SX-20

I'm calling from jabber to "1@ public router ip"  and the call comes in to SX-20 but I have no audio and no  video.

Any suggestions.

8 Replies 8

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try to disable sip if its enabled.

Check that the external ip is set up as the nat address on the endpoint.

Double check that the right ports are forwarded

Check that the firewall/nat/router has h323 capabilities disabled

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin and thaks for your response.

I have enabled sip because the SX-20 is registered against a CUCM via SIP.

I don't understand why I have to disable SIP, the Jabber works with SIP.

Your other answers I have them verified.

Valentin Ichim
Level 1
Level 1

If your SX20 SIP registration is as name@domain, you could use DNS server for communication between jabber and SX.
If you have a connection but no media it is a big chance to have a firewall ports misconfiguration.
Verify the media ports to be open. You specify that you don't have audio and video on SX after connection. What about Jabber ? Do you have audio and video on it ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Valentin and thank's for your response.

The SX-20 is registered to CUCM  as 9999@CUCM ip addess.

I have the following ports on the router redirected to the SX-20:

• 5060 – UDP/TCP
  • 5061 – TCP
  • 5555-5574 – TCP
  • 2326-2485 – UDP
  • 1719 – UDP
  • Port 1720 – TCP

In the Jabber i haven't audio and video. Only works correctly when the call is from SX-20 to Jabber or between two SX-20.

David Hasfurter
Level 1
Level 1

If you have the SX20 registered to the CUCM then there is no gateway to outside the firewall. Follow this link for direct connect via IP instead of registering to CUCM.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2171458

From what I have seen if you are registered to CUCM then you would have a SIP trunk to VCS C then tunnel to the Expressway.

-David

Hi David and thanks for your response.

I have already tried the settings without being registered in CUCM, but calls from Jabber to SX-20 not working.

Now I only have the SX-20 registered via SIP in CUCM but I haven't VCS. Is it necessary?

If the Jabber Video client is registered outside your network the SX20 will have to have a NATd IP or you would need the VCS C/E. I imagine it is regestered outside the network since you dont have a VCS.

Hi David, in fact, the Jabber video is registered in jabber.com.

I have redirect the necessary ports on the router to SX-20 LAN IP.

Thanks