cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video conference duration

Steve Coady
Level 1
Level 1

Other than bandwidth, are there any restraints/limitations as to how long a video conference could last?

sMc
6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do not really see how the bandwidth limites the duration of a video call?

Maybe quota on the network traffic, ....

If you book a conference, or have some other time based service, then sure it is most likely a limited time there.

If it fails, it can be the the firewall causing a limit

Some systems (especially isdn) might have a duration limit as well.

Not to forget, at one point point people start to sleep as they get tired or all the oxygen in the room is used up ;-)

Or if you did not pay the power bill or your 65" system simply drains to much of your battery powered meeting room, or it could be limited or if your video room on the glacier melts down, ... or, ... just kidding

Could you specify a bit more what the thought behind your question is.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

The Coal or Oil fields drying up, perhaps

Nice!

I appreciate both answer's and will distribute "pain points" at the end

I have (10) sites around thew country, each with either an MX300 or EX90.

My company has a "go live" on a major project.

To coordinate the rollout and have real time discussion, we would like to have a conf call, using our 12 port bridge,

with all the sites. This could literally be a 72 hour process starting on Saturday and culminating when business ends on Monday, just to manage the rollout and address any fires.

sMc

Hi Steve!

Yes, that is no problem at all. If you use for example the 5300 mcu and the MX300 and EX90s it will work fine.

You should check out what other features you might need, like if you want a call control or a management solution.

We use VCS+TMS + MCU + Endpoints. From time to time customers forget to hang up their call and then

they are idling around over the weekend without getting disconnected. There it is more the oposit problem,

but you can always force a disconnect on the MCU or the call control ;-)

TMS gives you the capability to schedule the call, so if you know that all these devices should be in that

call, then it can automatically dial them up and them up and terminate the call 72h later.

Steve: Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Martin

Thankyou for the response. We use the Cisco TeleP Callway for our link to the cloud. We do not have VCS/TMS or MCU onsite.

Will that make a difference? If yes, how would that make a difference?

sMc

There is some callway support forums and I could picture they also have some other support:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/callway

In theory the technology suports "infinite" calls, but that can be limited by policy.

I would check with the callway support if there is any limits which they defined for  like

stability or resource saving reasons.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.