Views
Helpful
Replies

Video conference

slaam2013
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need help please , i have a solution for video conference. I have an existing CUCM cluster v9 , and i have a video endpoints (9971 , E20 ,E60). We need to do video conference (ad-hoc conference ) , after my studying i think i can use Cisco MCU unit to do video conference , i need to get answers for the below:-

1-What is the model for Cisco MCU?.

2-How many conference participants can connect to the conference?.

3-I think there is no need for VCS (call control) for my case  , because i donot have 3rd part h323 or telepresence)?.correct.

4-Can i do schedule for meeting by MCU?.

5-Which protocol between MCU and CUCM cluster will be prefered?. Any document for the configuration , please.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

epicolo
Level 3
Level 3

There are a lot of MCU models, with distinct port count.

You could start looking at the Cisco TelePresence MCU 5310, because it is licensed and stackable (means scalable).

If you have CUCM 9, all mentioned devices can register as SIP. You do not need VCS for local calls.

You can work with MCU at UCM in two modes: Trunk or add as MediaResource. Each mode present different behaviour (check the DesignGuides to select the rigth choice for your enviroment)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-30750

Hi Elter

Thank you for your help , but i still need your help for the below:-

2-How many conference participants can connect to the conference?.

4-Can i do schedule for meeting by MCU?.

5-Which protocol between MCU and CUCM cluster will be prefered?. Any document for the configuration , please.Based on my ad hoc conference , what is the best solution for me trunk or media resources , please provide me with full details and documents which i have to use.

Thanks

2) It depends on you MCU model. You will need to check the datasheet to see how many ports are on each model.

4) Yes, check the link I sent and you will see 3 types of conference: AdHoc, Scheduled and Rendezvous.  If you want to schedule you´ll need to use as Trunk (SIP Protocol). The MCU can receive call or make calls. When the use is as MRG you will have to configure as AdHoc

5) I recommend you to attend a TelePresence course. There is a desin course that can help you to understand the variables and impact your choices. Or call a consultant.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: