Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

webshots or remote monitoring for CISCO EX60

In the beginning my issue was the touch panel interface panel lost its screen image and control functionality.  I thought it had a bad cable or cable connection.  Long story short, I got the touch panel to work again by resetting the unit to factory settings. When to unit booted up I starting setting the unit back to the settings that were on it before the reset.  Now I seemed to have lost the webshots monitoring that was working prior to the reset.  The option is there, but it keeps saying that I do not have the permission to make this change.  Is this the same issue as the new updated firmware that does not included remote monitoring without an access key?  I did not do a firmware upgrade, I just reset to factory settings and the option is restricted now.  Any help out there to restore my webshots monitoring again without having to purchase a key to do it?  

Also on a separate issue, I purchased a TRC-V5 hand remote but it does not work with this unit. Is there anything I can do short of spending more money to gain this capability. The option is set to Full and I see the LED blinking as the hand remote is sending commands but the unit do not respond any further.

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

What is the software version

What is the software version of the EX60?

Depending on the software version, web snapshots can be enabled by doing the following:

• TC7.3.3 - Remote Monitoring option key added to endpoint.
  • TC7.3.0 to TC7.2.0 - Use web interface (Configuration > System Configuration > Video).
  • TC7.1.0 and earlier - Use Touch 8 (Settings > Administrator > Web Snapshots).

Refer to the EX Series Admin Guides for more information on enabling web snapshots.

The EX Series endpoints is designed to be used with a Touch 8, and a remote control is not recommended.  If running TC6 software, to enable the use of the TRC5 remote control, enable the following in either the web interface or SSH:

• Experimental SystemUnit MenuType: Interactive
  • SystemUnit IrSensor: On

Also, refer to CSCvb18784 for more information.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content