cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is Token in Telepresence Server?

wisit_jan
Level 1
Level 1

I have some issue when 3 screen end point(CTS3000, TX9000) call to Telepresence Server.

Telepresence Server have a log "TIP issue (not attempting TIP/MUX negotiation (insufficient tokens specified)"

What is tokens in Telepresence Server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In brief, tokens are what the Telepresence Server uses to become more granular with Screen License usage - Screen Licenses convert to a number of tokens the TPS tracks internally - and different combinations of resolution, number of screens, and audio type use up the tokens.   

This is how the TPS breaks down Screen Licenses into halves and quarters that you see in the TPS Release notes conferencing capacity table - see page 18 on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/release_note/Cisco-TelePresence-Server-Software-Release-Notes-4-0-1-57.pdf

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In brief, tokens are what the Telepresence Server uses to become more granular with Screen License usage - Screen Licenses convert to a number of tokens the TPS tracks internally - and different combinations of resolution, number of screens, and audio type use up the tokens.   

This is how the TPS breaks down Screen Licenses into halves and quarters that you see in the TPS Release notes conferencing capacity table - see page 18 on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/release_note/Cisco-TelePresence-Server-Software-Release-Notes-4-0-1-57.pdf

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for you explan clear in my mind.

The issue is resolved. I change Participant quality in Conference templates(Telepresence Conductor) must be Full HD.(default is HD)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: