Views
Helpful
Replies

WHIPE CODIAN MCU BACK TO FACTORY

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

ALCON,

Can some advise procedure to completely whipe a Codian back to out of the box factory reset including reset back to default PWD and no IP and delete any old conference data, logs etc.  Make it like it came right from CISCO???

Thank you.

Chet

Chet Cronin
6 Replies 6

Kotaro,

thank you.  Can I run the restore a back current backup I saved ???

Chet

Chet Cronin

Hi Chet,

Yes you should be anle to restore that backup.

cheers

/Karim

I followed the procedure in the link above and it doesn't seem to be working.

I type reset_config "enter" than yes "enter" and the MCU just continues it's boot up and doesn reboot???

Any ideas ...?

Chet Cronin

Chet Cronin

Hi Chet,

Did you type "reset_config" as soon as you see staring message such as "Info : Codian MCU 4510 4.1(1.51) (Build 6.16(1.51)) starting" ?

"reset_config" is available only for 30 seconds after reboot.

After reboot, you can see your MCU will be wiped.

So do not forget backup your configuration and activation key, option key in advance.

If it fails again, plese paste your Tera Term log here.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

You enter the reset_config and y commands after the line of code that says “press ctrl+c within 5 seconds to stop boot”

The device will continue to boot, but will eventually catch up to the command you entered and action it.

Once the device has gone through it's process, it will display the following, which means it is reset.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: