cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting Job details

sakshirajawat
Level 1
Level 1

How can I export all the Jobs definition along with the start and end time into an excel?

When I am clicking on Jobs(Definition) -->Export , its exporting the job log not the jobs and details.

5 Replies 5

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

for the File.. Export function you are limited to what is available in the view  (use view... preferences when you are in the tab you want).  Job activity has more options than job Definitions and would be a better option for you for the details you are after.

To get ALL the details you need to run a back-end query SQL or ORACLE and then export from there

(ideally you can get one of your runtime users to have read to Tidal DB for this purpose and just run a job)

The query can be complex depending on what you want but typically you would join jobmst and jobdtl

if you want let me know what you are looking for and I can post the query here.

Tidal does have a Database Model help file that give you more detail on what the database, columns

Hi Marc,

Sorry but I am not much into the queries and commands, not even sure where do I need to run these queries.

I just need the job name,job agent, job from and job until to be exported. Though these fields are present there in definition view but as told earlier, its not exporting the job defintions but the job log.

Isn't there any way out to do this through tidal GUI??

Thanks Marc , My requirement is very similar to what has been stated above . I need to data from job activity , I can write sql queries as well but I am not sure how to connect with Tidal database and how to export data for job activity .

Any help on this will be appreciated. 

Hi Deepak,

You can query Tidal Admiral database using a tool like SQL Server Management Studio for MSSQL server or  Oracle SQL Developer for Oracle, along with permissions to the DB.

Data from the job activity view can be derived from the jobrun table. I did a search and found this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12690331/list-all-scheduled-jobs

BR,

Derrick Au

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

You can do that through the GUI but it exports anything in the GRID view using preferences in post above (you could even create a special view for this purpose)

You can select job name, job agent, job from , job until for both job activity and job definitions in either views preferences.

Make sure you expand all or Filter to get the desired results in your export (you can export as CSV!) then edit in excel as you see fit.

I use this technique alot for quick reports

The query would require multiple joins between mutliple tables inside the admiral database (nevermind permisssions to run a query)

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: