cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I drag and drop a Tidal job into another group?

ssc8mil123
Level 1
Level 1

How can I drag and drop a Tidal job into another group? In Tidal Help, it says-

1. In the Jobs pane, press and hold the Ctrl key and at the same time right-click and either individually select individual jobs within a job group or drag your mouse cursor over a block of jobs that you wish to select. You can only move multiple jobs between job groups if the jobs being moved are on the same level.

1. Keeping the right mouse button depressed, drag the cursor to the job group that you wish to move the jobs to and release the mouse button.

2. When moving jobs from one job group to another, you must decide if the moved jobs keep their original job group attributes or assume the calendar and agent characteristics of its new job group.
    A confirmation dialog, offers three inheritance options for the jobs moved to the "new" job group parent. Select one of the following options:

However, when I attempt to follow those instructions, it doesn't work at all and there is no indication that it's even trying (i.e., I don't see the selected job following my cursor at all and all I get is the normal menu when you right click anywhere on the screen.)

Is there another way to do this or is there a master setting that needs to be changed so that ability is enabled?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

ssc8mil123
Level 1
Level 1

I should also mention that I'm using version v6.1.0.281.

Go into edit mode for the job group group and just manually edit the section for Parent job/Group.

Cheers