Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question: FTP jobs local user field

Just wanted to get an idea if anyone knows if as a best practice this should be populated or not.  We don't have the configuration setting 'FTP Local User Mandatory' checked, but I wonder if it should.  I am assuming that if local user is not populated that the agent service account then is what the job runs as.                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

Everyones security requirements may vary. 

I would suggest making it mandatory as a best practice as it forces you to be consistent. Then when that one-off happens and you need to deliver to a "secure" location the RTU id is obvious and not hidden by falling out to the agent service and a different RTU could be used that is permissioned. (we name our RTU and logon accounts for services differently)

We have very few FTP jobs left in Tidal (we have to host our own FTP Solution anyway so we just use its API to send / rec) which will all be retired when we move to 6.X

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

Everyones security requirements may vary. 

I would suggest making it mandatory as a best practice as it forces you to be consistent. Then when that one-off happens and you need to deliver to a "secure" location the RTU id is obvious and not hidden by falling out to the agent service and a different RTU could be used that is permissioned. (we name our RTU and logon accounts for services differently)

We have very few FTP jobs left in Tidal (we have to host our own FTP Solution anyway so we just use its API to send / rec) which will all be retired when we move to 6.X

I agree for consistency sake its what I should do.  its just funny how years and years go by this has never come into question, then I have one user that leaves it blank, cause he can, and how I am having this question LOL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: