Views
Helpful
Replies

regarding Tidal - Rerun new occurence

aravindkamathk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a job group defined which will run 12 times a day ( every 2 hours once) and defined the schedule using Rerun New occurrence option.

and also I have defined , If Job is currently running "Skip". The reason to define this was to make sure if previous instance is running ( ACTIVE) . I don't want next schedule to trigger.

Now, with these settings -  I have a problem ; Lets say my second schedule would fail due to some reason ( like database down , server not responding ) and hence it goes to Completed Abnormally status. But the DB or server issue might get resolve in next 60 minutes or so and will be ready for the third schedule. But since second schedule was Completed Abnormally - My third schedule is waiting on Dependency .

Is there any option, that I can make my third schedule run when second schedule is completed abnormally AND NOT TO RUN WHEN SCHEDULE 2 is ACTIVE.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

You can set the option for if job is currently running to Defer Until Complete, where a complete status could mean either job completed normally or abnormally. Because DB/server issue might be resolved within timeframe for the next run, there should also be some way to inform Tidal DB/server is up so that jobs do not run needlessly. Otherwise, jobs will run as scheduled 12 times per day, every 2 hours apart.

BR,

Derrick Au

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

You can set the option for if job is currently running to Defer Until Complete, where a complete status could mean either job completed normally or abnormally. Because DB/server issue might be resolved within timeframe for the next run, there should also be some way to inform Tidal DB/server is up so that jobs do not run needlessly. Otherwise, jobs will run as scheduled 12 times per day, every 2 hours apart.

BR,

Derrick Au

Thanks.. This resolved the problem