Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Tidal Transporter dropping Job Group variables

We're working on upgrading to Tidal 6.0.3, and we've run across a few issues. However, our biggest issue is that the new transporter seems to drop group variables when we're migrating job groups up (Dev->Test->UAT->Prod). Variables in jobs themselves seem to work fine, but a variables that is defined in the group and then referenced by the child jobs doesn't migrate. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

-Jeff

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Member

Tidal Transporter dropping Job Group variables

Jeff, Yes, we had that same exact problem using Tidal 6.0.3. When using Transporter to migrate our Tidal definitions from our Test Environment to our Production Environment, what we discovered is that Transporter completely dropped (i.e. did not migrate) 90% of the Group Variables, and it corrupted the other 10% of the Group Variables with invalid text.

I opened a Tidal Service Request (actually it took 3 Service Requests), and I believe that Transporter appears to work OK now.

You probably should handle this by opening a Severity-3 level SR with the Tidal Helpdesk, describe the problem, and they will provide you with the latest version of Transported that fixes this issue.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

4 REPLIES
New Member

Tidal Transporter dropping Job Group variables

Jeff, Yes, we had that same exact problem using Tidal 6.0.3. When using Transporter to migrate our Tidal definitions from our Test Environment to our Production Environment, what we discovered is that Transporter completely dropped (i.e. did not migrate) 90% of the Group Variables, and it corrupted the other 10% of the Group Variables with invalid text.

I opened a Tidal Service Request (actually it took 3 Service Requests), and I believe that Transporter appears to work OK now.

You probably should handle this by opening a Severity-3 level SR with the Tidal Helpdesk, describe the problem, and they will provide you with the latest version of Transported that fixes this issue.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

New Member

Tidal Transporter dropping Job Group variables

Excellent! I was hoping we weren't the only ones, and it's even better that there may be an existing patch out there. I've submitted the SR and will let you know if this does the trick.

New Member

Tidal Transporter dropping Job Group variables

That did the trick! Support posted the latest patches for me and Transporter's working the way it's supposed to.

Thanks for the help!

-Jeff

New Member

Tidal Transporter dropping Job Group variables

Jeff, Glad that I could be of assistance, and that the Tidal Helpdesk provided the most recent Transporter patches for you.

Best of luck with your implementation!

Lee

603
Views
0
Helpful
4
Replies
CreatePlease to create content