Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows agent runtime user

Joe Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm playing around with the TIDAL windows agent (3.1.0.14). If I change the runtime user from the system account to some other local user I get an error on any jobs I attempt to run.

Error in creating IO file handles for job 451

And in the agent log I get this:

X3/25/2014 6:25:47 AM TIDAL_AGENT_3  Exception in TALoad! : Access to the registry key 'Global' is denied.
X3/25/2014 6:25:48 AM TIDAL_AGENT_3  Exception stack trace :    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.InternalGetValue(String name, Object defaultValue, Boolean doNotExpand, Boolean checkSecurity)
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.GetValue(String name)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceMonitor.GetData(String item)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetPerformanceData(String item)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.Initialize()
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
   at com.tidalsoft.agent.TALoad.OnMessage(Int64 m_msgType, IMessageProcesser m_receiver, IMessageProcesser m_returnAddress, Object m_payload)

I've tried changing the ownerships on the agent sub-folder but no effect.

Any suggestions anyone?

Cheers

Joe

4 Replies 4

Patricia Hindes
Level 1
Level 1

Does the local account have the following rights on the agent server?

1. Act as part of the operating system

2. Allow log on locally (verify Active directory account also has this priviledge)

3. Log on as batch job

4. Log on as a service

5. Replace process level token.

1. Yes

2. Yes. The job is run using an account local to the server with all rights assigned.

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

Do we think it might make a difference if I uninstalled the agent and re-installed it as the tidal user?

Cheers

It may, yes.  That is one of the steps I have in my personal documentation (Log in as account needed to run the agent to install...).

Another thing to check would be the agent logs... they may also contain a clue if that doesnt work.

c$\Program Files (x86)\TIDAL\Agent....

We have a winner!

Uninstalled the agent, re-installed as the desired user, changed the instance to run as that user and now its working error free.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: