Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

9.1(2) to 10(5) Upgrade - we are already virtual on UCS

We are looking at upgrading from 9.1(2) to one of the 10.5(1) in the semi near future.  We have two physical UCS servers, on each of them is a CUCM virtual server (at 9.1(2) and clustered with the CUCM on the other UCS) and a Unity Connections virtual server (at 9.1(2) and clustered with the UC virtual server on the other UCS). 

I am just starting to research the upgrade, and am reading about the Prime Collaboration Deployment servers... is it a necessity to build one of these and make use of it to accomplish this fairly simple upgrade?  We are a small shop, and really not looking for an additional virtual in the mix to manage.  In addition, I am not sure if resources on our existing UCS servers will allow for 'carving out' a new set of resources for hosting this Prime Collaboration Deployment server.

Is it possible to upgrade a CUCM pub/sub and Unity Connections pub/sub setup from 9.1(2) to 10.5(1) without building and using the Prime Collaboration Deployment server?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can upgrade your

Yes, you can upgrade your servers the same way we have been able since we went to a Linux appliance, go to OS page and upgrade.

Make sure to read the RNs, upgrade guide, and new and changed doc to take into account all the changes you'll need to perform in the VM, as well as the requirements for the upgrade to be successful.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

ALL the information you need

ALL the information you need is here (RNs, upgrade guide, new and changed, etc):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

You can follow the 10.0 documentation, the procedure is exactly the same.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can upgrade your

Yes, you can upgrade your servers the same way we have been able since we went to a Linux appliance, go to OS page and upgrade.

Make sure to read the RNs, upgrade guide, and new and changed doc to take into account all the changes you'll need to perform in the VM, as well as the requirements for the upgrade to be successful.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Ok, thanks for the quick

Ok, thanks for the quick answer!

What was worrying me, was that so far I haven't been able to find an upgrade guide or anything official by Cisco that outlines doing this upgrade WITHOUT the Prime Collaboration Deployment server...

Can you point me to any documents that discuss the upgrade using previous techniques?

Cisco Employee

ALL the information you need

ALL the information you need is here (RNs, upgrade guide, new and changed, etc):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

You can follow the 10.0 documentation, the procedure is exactly the same.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies