Views
Helpful
Replies

BE5k to 6k

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jaime,

I had a discussion before on the migration of data from BE5k 7.0 to BE6k standalone CUCM/CUC and you mentioned that exporting of the bat file was the only method if I didnt want to upgrade the existing BE5k.

The Cisco document that was seen on this forum for upgrades like these spoke about upgrading to 9.1 and then performing the BAT and import to 9.1 VM and then I can upgrade that to 10.5.

Have their been many persons that have followed this document? and was it successful? I have reached to TAC and they weren't able to provide that feedback based on their experience.

I am scheduled to upgrade the customer environment this Sat and we will be moving from version 7.0 to 9.1, this requires three upgrades to reach the final version. And then I will be exporting the file and importing it to a 9.1 standalone cucm and will then to proceed to upgrade to 10.5. Also for the cuc i will be using cobras to copy the data from 9.1 to 10.5.

Any there any issues in this process? My concern is that after i export the bat from the upgraded mcs that not all the data will be imported to the cucm 9.1. Has anyone every encountered this issue?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BAT only exports device and other configs, if you had tweaked anything under enterprise parameters, or service parameters for example, that won't be in the BAT files.

But then again, there is no other way to export the info from a 5K to a 6K or 7K other than BAT, which can only export so much.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate