Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 7.1.3 on VMware

hzarringhalam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My Client has CUC 7.1.3 on MCS 7845-H2 and I am going to upgrade it to 10.0 on VM.

Can I install 7.1.3 on VM and upgrade it to 8.6 and then 10.0 ? or I should upgrade CUC 7.1.3 to 8.6 on MCS server first and

then move it to VM?

Thank you,

Hamid

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hamid,

You should upgrade to 8.6 on MCS, take a backup, build 8.6 on UCS, restore backup and then upgrade to version 10.0. 7.x version is not supported on UCS except jump upgrade scenarios as a part of Drive to 9 initiative.

HTH

Manish

Hello Manish,

Thank you for your reply.

I want to upgrade to 8.6 immediately after installing 7.1.3 on VM. Can I install 7.1.3 and use it as jump upgrade?

I have all the SW from Cisco for upgrading to 8.6 , but my client has 4 GB RAM on MCS-7845-H2 and all HD are 72 G.

Do I have to upgrade the MCS server?

Regards,

Hamid

Look at this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/upgrade/guide/10xcucrugx/10xcucrug025.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thank you for the information.

My client has standalone 7.1.3 on a MCS 7845-H2 (Version 1). My plan is to upgrade 7.1.3 to 8.6.2 and restore it on VM and upgrade it to 10.0.

Cisco told me that with one CUC in production I just need to remove last four HD from the MCS 7845-H2 and CUC will be capable to be upgraded to 8.6.2 on the MCS. He said I do not even need to upgrade RAM from 4 to 6 G, I am not how safe is this approach.

I am thinking to use COBRAS  for the upgrade from 7.1.3 on MCS to 8.6.2 on VM.

Please let me know your recommendation about options of removing the HD and COBRAS.

Thank you,

Hamid

Hello Jaime,

Cisco just got back to me and is said "According to the version we have, you are correct; the documentation mentions we may need to replace it to 146 GB (even if it isn’t a cluster) and Having 6 GB of RAM"

So, Can COBRAS be option for this upgrade?

Thank you,

Hamid

Sure, COBRAS was the preferred way for this before they enabled the procedure I mentioned.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your reply.

I am going to use COBRAS for this upgrade.

Regards,

Hamid

Hello Jaime,

I tried to install CUC on VMware and it is giving me below error:

/user/local/bin/base_scripts/sd_iconfig -eth0 -mac none ...failed with return code 256.

Do you know why it gives me such an error. Please see attached file for the snapshot.

Thank you,

Hamid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: