cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC License error after migrating CUC version 8.6 (MCS) to a UCS Server (Virtualize)

ccg-collab1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

We are migrating our CUC version 8.6 installed in MCS Server to a UCS Server. We already successfully install a CUC version 8.6 to the US Server and DRS Backup was successfully restored to it. However, upon checking the information under License of CUC, i found the error below. Do we need to request a rehosting of license? Appreciate your advise to properly complete the migration before we upgrade the CUC to 11.5. Thank you so much.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you need to reach out to licensing to have it rehosted

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the response Jaime. We will request assistance from the licensing team and update this thread. 

Any updates on this? as I'm going to do the same procedure soon and it's very confusing licensing wise.

Hi Abtin.yazdani,

After you migrated/installed CUCM and CUC version 8.6 from MCS server to the UCS Server, you need to rehost their licenses. Then proceed with the upgrade to 11.5. 

Hi,

You can refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag310.html

on MCS server, licenses are binded to MAC address of server while in VM , it is licenseMAC.

regds,

aman

Hi Jaime/Al,

Is it possible if i will directly upgrade the CUC and CUCM version 8.6 to 11.5 after I migrated them to a UCS Server since i will also request the migration of license once they are upgraded to 11.5? or do i need to rehost the license of CUC and CUCM 8.6 after migrating to UCS Server?

Right now, i already migrated the CUC and CUCM 8.6 on a UCS Server and restored the backup. however, the license became invalid. Since the path i will take is to upgrade them to 11.x, i would like to know if it is necessary to rehost first the license or we can now upgrade them to 11.X?

Thank you so much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: