Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.3 Migration to 10.x - Licensing Questions

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I am looking into migration from CUCM 7.1.3 to 10.x and licensing plays a big part in this migration since the licensing model has changed from DLU base to user base with CUCM 10.x. My question is do I have to associate every user in my existing CUCM 7.1.3 environment to a physical phone before the migration in order to migrate the license over to 10.x ?

Thanks in advance !!

Danny

9 Replies 9

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What I can suggest is you count the number of IP phone users so that would be the base for migration license.Along with that u can segregate Enhanced , Standard and Enhanced Plus users according to IP phone models.

refer ordering guide Appendix A

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/finalcopy.pdf

You can also speak to Cisco Account Manager for more details.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman !! I appreciate the response !!

Danny

Hi Aman,

I have an upgrade from 7.1 to 10.5

I have a licnese PN MIGB-UCM-UWL-STD

It is migration from basic ucm user to STD for 200 users

I know the steps for installation and upgrade from MCS to UCS for 10.5

Only I need to know what to do with this license and when to use it and can I fresh install cucm 10.5 and install this license and will it give me also 200 users ? that I don't need any configuration from the current cucm. So Can i go with new install and use the license or I should go through the upgrade steps ? and if so how will I install this license ?

Thanks

What I think u can share the LCU details along with Sales Order number to licensing team to get the license file for CUCM10.x?

secondly,why u want to go for fresh install of CUCM 10?

regds,

aman

Thanks a lot Aman for your reply

if I do fresh install. Then I'll be at 10.5 in one shot on UCS. No need for any upgrade steps

Can I go with fresh install using this license ?

thanks

again,I would say u need to speak to licensing team only .

Just initaite the mail.

Why do not u go for PCD and do the installation  so as to avoid doing manual configs?

regds,

aman

I don't have PCD and we don't want to keep any old config

many many changes will happen. So better is to configure from scratch

so do you think licensing team could help to provide me with new installation license ?

if not, how will I install the migration license when the ucs will be ready with  the upgraded cucm to 10.5? Is it the final step using PLM or when to use it?

After u build  fresh CUCM, u would get grace of 60 days during which u need to speak to licensing team and get the fresh licenses.

You can involve Account Manager along with licensing team  who would help u in same.

regds,

aman

Hi ,

I was going through the PLM Migration license DOC in which Figure 2 which has the flow chart to migrate licenses using LCU report of existing CUCM 7.1 version

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_0_1/userguide/CPLM_BK_U7066CD8_00_user-guide-rel-10-0-1.pdf

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: