cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 to 11.5 on new hardware. upgrade CUCM as well as Hardware.

vinney koul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Can anyone help me, how can i upgrade the hardware as well cucm.

Current Hardware : MCS7835

Current CUCM Version : 8.6
New Hardware : BE7K 

new CUCM version : CUCM 11.5

Action plan which i create: 

Step1: DRS Backup of a server.

Step2: Installation of 8.6 software CUCM then install fresh Server CUCM 8.6 on new UCS BE7000M4 and then Restore Backup on New CUCM 8.6 on UCS BE7000M4 Server and check all third-party integration.

Step3: Installation of 11.0 Upgradation software CUCM on newly built CUCM 8.6 (UCS BE7K) and check all third-party integration

Step4:  Installation of 11.5 Upgradation software CUCM on  CUCM 11.0 (UCS BE7K) and check all third-party integration

Installation procedure of CUCM 8.6 to 11.0 version:

Step1: Install v3 RSA Key

File name: ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn

Step2: Next step: upload size relocation

File name: Ciscocm.vmware-disk-size-reallocation-1.0.cop.sgn

Step3: Then turn of Virtual machine and upgrade the hardware configuration

CPU: 2

Memory size: 8GB

Hard disk 2: 110 GB

Step4: Install ISO image for 11.0 version

File name: UCSInstall_UCOS_11.0.1.20000-2.sgn.iso

After upgrading to CUCM 11.0 check all third-party integration.

Install CUCM on new server:

MANG IP ADDRESS: 

CUCM IP ADDRESS:

VLAN:

DNS SERVER:

Domain name:

Please correct me if i am wrong and if any one have better solution please share it. 

i have experience of upgrading cucm 9.1 to 10.5 but i never done 8.6 to 11.5 and change hardware aas well. Please help me out 

Regards 

Vinney Koul

+91-8860076062 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do a PCD migration and do it all in one step.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do a PCD migration and do it all in one step.

HTH

java

thanks for your revert can you please help me step wise  how can i do it. 

do you document about action plan. if you have can you please share with me...
i have to parallel upgrade cucm 11.5 version on different hardware with different IP address.
can you please help me i am doing it first time.

https://youtu.be/2C_gy_XmBmE

HTH

java

Hi Jaime sir, Sir I have to configure 5 servers (1 publisher and 4 subscriber) all server at different location. Total number of agents are 3500. I don't have downtime i have only one day to make change 8.6 to 11.5 version at all location. and all location is at different part of the country. so my plan of action is to migrate all the server first at my lab and check the compatibility of all device. then we will disconnect the connected server at all location and replace and connect the new server one by one at different location. Please share you experience and help me out ..... i share network diagram in attachment. Thanks and regards Vinney Koul

Hi there

Yes, you could do that. PCD should be your best buddy for this. You might need some downtime as the phones will start upgrading the firmware to the corresponding CUCM. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118318-config-cucm-00.html

Just wondering, hows you plan for TFTP to get firmware for the phones. Are you deploying any local TFTP along with SUB or all the phones at each location has to reach the main site. 

You could also plan upgrading the new firmware within the old cluster itself (check the compatibility) and upgrade the phones before hand to reduce the downtime.

Yes, if you can test out each and all in your lab prior the maintenance window, that saves a heck load from you. !!

All the best !!!

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Guys ,

What i plan customer does not agree. Customer give me a plan of action, they want to upgrade it phase wise. They have 4 location at different City  and they give us 4 week of time means upgrade all servers in 4 phases.

First Phase/Week      : Location A ( Mumbai 1):  1 Publisher and 1 Subscriber : (down time 1 day ) 

Second Phase/Week : Location B (Delhi ):         2 Subscriber : (down time 1 day )

Third Phase/Week     : Location C (Gurugram):  3 Subscriber :  (down time 1 day )

Fourth Phase/Week   : Location D (Mumbai 2 ): 4 Subscriber :  (down time 1 day )

I have to upgrade 5 B7K servers (new hardware ) (1 publisher and 4 subscriber)

I have Some Question : 

1. If i upgrade the servers of  Location A  publisher and subscribe to 11.5 and other location cucm is 8.6 should the communicate with each other. 

Location A (11.5) communicate with Location B,C and D (8.6)- how can i do it. 

Please help me guys on urgent basis this is my first up gradation...

Regards

Vinney Koul  

Hi Guys ,

What i plan customer does not agree. Customer give me a plan of action, they want to upgrade it phase wise. They have 4 location at different City  and they give us 4 week of time means upgrade all servers in 4 phases.

First Phase/Week      : Location A ( Mumbai 1):  1 Publisher and 1 Subscriber : (down time 1 day ) 

Second Phase/Week : Location B (Delhi ):         2 Subscriber : (down time 1 day )

Third Phase/Week     : Location C (Gurugram):  3 Subscriber :  (down time 1 day )

Fourth Phase/Week   : Location D (Mumbai 2 ): 4 Subscriber :  (down time 1 day )

I have to upgrade 5 B7K servers (new hardware ) (1 publisher and 4 subscriber)

I have Some Question : 

1. If i upgrade the servers of  Location A  publisher and subscribe to 11.5 and other location cucm is 8.6 should the communicate with each other. 

Location A (11.5) communicate with Location B,C and D (8.6)- how can i do it. 

Please help me guys on urgent basis this is my first up gradation...

Regards

Vinney Koul  

They WON'T communicate with each other, DB replication only works when ALL the servers in the cluster are running the EXACT SAME VERSION.

So, you'll have some servers on 11.5 which will communicate with each other (and you can perform updates as they can reach the PUB), and the rest of the 8.6 servers will be in read-only mode, no replication and no changes allowed (aside from UFF).

If you have never performed an upgrade, I'd strongly suggest you reach out to a reputable consultant or a Cisco partner for assistance with the plan.

HTH

java