Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.x to 10.5 - License Migration

drbabbers
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I have a CUCM 9.x cluster that is soon to be decommissioned and a selection of endpoints are to be migrated to a 10.5 cluster. My question is around the migration of the licenses from one cluster to the other? We are using Prime License Manager to manage all licenses in 10.5 and I believe ELM is used in the 9.x cluster.

Any help would be much appreciated!

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

you login into PLM. Click on Licenses TAB---Fulfilment.Now Click on Other Fulfilment Options TAB and then, click Generate License Request.

Now, a small menu would open with License Requests as heading.Copy the text and save it on Notepad.

you need to share this with licensing team.

attached are snapshots.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

After u upgrade to CUCM 10, copy the txt from PLM and share it with licensing team along with Sales Order to have permanent lic file.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Can I have this broken down into a step by step process please?

Thanks

D

Hi ,

you login into PLM. Click on Licenses TAB---Fulfilment.Now Click on Other Fulfilment Options TAB and then, click Generate License Request.

Now, a small menu would open with License Requests as heading.Copy the text and save it on Notepad.

you need to share this with licensing team.

attached are snapshots.

regds,

aman

Hi,

YOu can also refer the link even though it is for ELM but would be same for PLM.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116130-config-cucm-elm-00.html

regds,

aman