Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM BE5K Migration To BE6K v.10

Mohd SaberUddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

currently we have CUCM BE5K and we are migrating to BE6K v10. Currently the version of the call Manager is 6.1.5.11900-13.

so in order to migrate , can i follow the below the steps:

1. First can we installed the same version of CUCM 6.1.5.11900-13. in UCS Server, take the backup from existing cucm and restore it in New Installed CUCM.
  2. If we restored the  Backup on New CUCM, then the  procedure for  migration to  CUCM v. 10

kindly let me know the procedure is correct , or any document/link for migrating.. that would be helpful

thank you...

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

No, jump upgrade does NOT apply for 5K, 5K is ONLY supported on MCS. PCD is also not supported on 5K

5K to 6K involves taking as much info as possible using the import/export ability from BAT, then taking that into your 6K CUCM. A CUCM backup from 5K, can only be used on another 5K install.

Aman, please refrain from posting the docs directly, and direct them to the location of the doc on the communities to make sure only those who are entitled to it, can use it.

The doc outlining the 5K to 6K upgrade is here

https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/migration

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

NO, anything above 10.X is virtual only.

5K can only go as far as 9.X, and you can check HW compatibility on the online documentation, easily found on cisco.com, or by searching CSC.

And the name is Jaime.

If you want to go to 10, you need to go to 9.x, export info using BAT, import on 9.x on ESXi, then upgrade to 10. Have you reviewed the 5K to 6K documentation?????

HTH

java

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think you can follow the Jump Upgrade procedure in non-production hours.

You can also refer the link for software compatibility matrix

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/10_x/CUCM_BK_CD1DB914_00_compat_matrix.pdf

If someone has more clarity on BE ,please share.

regds,

aman

hey aman,

Yes there is direct upgrade form  version 6.1.5 to  10.x , so can we install be5k on UCS Server c220 ??

then restoring the data to new installed cucm ? and proceed for migration...

No, jump upgrade does NOT apply for 5K, 5K is ONLY supported on MCS. PCD is also not supported on 5K

5K to 6K involves taking as much info as possible using the import/export ability from BAT, then taking that into your 6K CUCM. A CUCM backup from 5K, can only be used on another 5K install.

Aman, please refrain from posting the docs directly, and direct them to the location of the doc on the communities to make sure only those who are entitled to it, can use it.

The doc outlining the 5K to 6K upgrade is here

https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/migration

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for correcting me.

regds,

aman

Hi jamie,

can we take the backup with import/export BAT of 5k cucm v6.1.5 .. and then Can we restore it on BE6K v10.x ??..

Or do we need to make changes in import/export BAT file to match the v10.x..

The import/export as is, with no changes required, is like DRS, same version.

You can use it with any other version, but manual adjusts to make it compliant with the other release have to be done.

Upgrade as far as you can on MCS (8.0(2) minimum), then build the same version on UCS, use export/import. Or go directly to 10, and massage the export file as necessary.

HTH

java

thanks a lot that's good info..

is it possible can we install 5k on UCS server ??? 

how can we take the backup of CUC...

NO, I've already stated 5K is an MCS ONLY solution.

Only 6K, 7K and standalone products are supported on UCS.

Use COBRAS for CUC.

HTH

java

jamie,

just to confirm, on BE5k cucm 6.1.5 can we upgrade to 10.5 ??

you can also check the below hardware details also if 10.5 will support or not.

HW Platform       : 7828H3
Processors        : 1
Type              : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            3050  @ 2.13GHz
CPU Speed         : 2133
Memory            : 6144 MBytes
Object ID         : 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.901
OS Version        : UCOS 3.0.0.0-101

NO, anything above 10.X is virtual only.

5K can only go as far as 9.X, and you can check HW compatibility on the online documentation, easily found on cisco.com, or by searching CSC.

And the name is Jaime.

If you want to go to 10, you need to go to 9.x, export info using BAT, import on 9.x on ESXi, then upgrade to 10. Have you reviewed the 5K to 6K documentation?????

HTH

java

i have gone through the be5k to 6k document, that why i have ask the questions to you.

Thanks a lot Jaime for your answers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: