Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/IM&P 10.5.2 to 11.5.1 Upgrade

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello All,

I have a question in relation to performing a 10.5 to 11.5 CUCM/IM&P upgrade.  At what point in the upgrade process does IM and Presence Sync Agent need to be stopped and when should HA be disabled on the Presence Redundancy Groups?

I am following this particular guide - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/11_5_1/cucm_b_upgrade-guide-cucm-115/cucm_b_upgrade-guide-cucm-115_chapter_010001.html

Thanks In Advance!

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tony,

Sync agent needs to be stopped after the CUCM upgrade/switch version is complete and before begining the IM&P upgrade. Then it needs to be started once IM&p has been upgraded. From a high level -  it's first CUCM upgrade to 11.x ,  then disable HA from CUCM, stop "IMP sync agent service" , then IMP upgrade, then start "IMP sync agent service" then re-enable HA.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

It should be done before you start installing the upgrade file on the IM&P nodes. Disable High Availability on the IM and Presence presence redundancy group. Select Cisco Unified CM Administration> System > Presence Redundancy Group. For 9.x version it is under System > Topology Management.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thank you for this, can you tell me during the upgrade procedure when the IM and Presence Sync Agent service needs to be stopped?

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Sync agent needs to be stopped after the CUCM upgrade/switch version is complete and before begining the IM&P upgrade. Then it needs to be started once IM&p has been upgraded. From a high level -  it's first CUCM upgrade to 11.x ,  then disable HA from CUCM, stop "IMP sync agent service" , then IMP upgrade, then start "IMP sync agent service" then re-enable HA.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: