cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it safe to upgrade CUCM and CUC during work hours?

lisacoody
Level 1
Level 1

Hey y'all,

I am planning a simple upgrade of CUCM (pub and sub) and CUC (standalone) from version 11.0.1 to 11.5.1 and have a question. I would like to know if it is safe to perform the upgrade process during work hours, then do the switch version part during a maintenance window? 

Thanks in advance!!

Lisa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you do not have high CPU usage in your servers, it should be fine.

However, it's always recommended to perform the upgrades during maintenance windows.

Bear in mind that any changes between the time you upgrade and the time you switch, will be lost.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you do not have high CPU usage in your servers, it should be fine.

However, it's always recommended to perform the upgrades during maintenance windows.

Bear in mind that any changes between the time you upgrade and the time you switch, will be lost.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much for your reply, Jaime! Because I'm a very cautious person, I decided to perform the upgrades during a maintenance window instead of during working hours. Both Unity Connection and Call Manager services remained available during the upgrades and only went down during the period when I switched versions.

I really appreciate your assistance - you are a truly  an asset to the Cisco support forum community!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: