cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from UCS C210 - M2 to C220 - M3........

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

We have multiple nodes (CUCM 8.6, CUPS 8.6, UCCX 8…….) on our UCS boxes (C210 – M2) . I was wanting to know what the procedure would be for moving them to a different host that is also running ESXI

How would I go about doing this? Is there any kind of documentation of a migration of this kind floating about?

The UCS boxes we are migrating to are C220 – M3

I appreciate any help I can get on this! :  )

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Shut down everything, assuming all is configured the same as in the other box, just un-register the VMs from box 1 and import/register the VMs in the new box.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

At least not the UC apps, the license MAC won't be affected if you don't change anything.

HTH

java

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are they looking at the same datastore and do you have vCenter??

Same ESXi version??

You don't provide enough info to give you an answer.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for the response....... I'll try and explain a bit better -

We have a UCS (box 1) with multiple nodes built on ESXi version 5.0.0 and we have another UCS (box 2) that has no current nodes on that we want to migrate some nodes to. At present, the nodes on UCS box 1 is looking at datastore 2..... how easy would it be to migrate it to box and look at the same datastore as box 1?

So to answer your questions -

They are not currently lookig at the same datastore but once we begin to migrate, they will both be looking at the same one.

We don't have vCentre..... 

The ESXI version is 5.0.0

Hope that clears it up.........

Shut down everything, assuming all is configured the same as in the other box, just un-register the VMs from box 1 and import/register the VMs in the new box.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok, thanks for the response Jaime......... just one more thing - In regards to licences, would we need to re-licence the nodes as the hosts will be different?

At least not the UC apps, the license MAC won't be affected if you don't change anything.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks a lot for your help....... : )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: