cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration CUCM 8.5 from MCS to CUCM 10.5 UCS

kelvinffhan
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a CUCM 8.5 in the Lab and restore customer CUCM cluster via DRS.

While I intended to upgrade the CUCM 8.5 to 10.5 in the OS Admin. It prompted me out the "Grace Period not allowed to do any upgrade"

As this is Lab, is that anyway/alternative to perform the upgrade? I am not comfortable to upgrade customer box as there are in operating on MCS box and operation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to open a TAC, the fix requires root access

CSCtb86875   Upgrades are prohibited during License Grace Period 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

CUCM 10.x is not supported on MCS servers. It has to be installed on a UCS platform. You can check Release notes or Installation guides for 10.x for more details.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish,

Below are my intention steps :-

1) Install a CUCM version 8.5 in my lab environment.

2) DRS the production CUCM version 8.5 from my client environment.

3) Restore to my lab environment.

4) Upgrade to the CUCM version 10.5. < Stop at this step as I couldn't upgrade due to the licensing issue, the error message was "upgrade prohibited during grace period".

5) DRS the new CUCM 10.5 and restore to the UCS platform resided at my client Data Center.

It should be fine, just ensure that Hostname / IP / DNS / NTP related info is the same on both lab and production clusters for the DRS backup and restore to work.

HTH

Manish

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to open a TAC, the fix requires root access

CSCtb86875   Upgrades are prohibited during License Grace Period 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime.

You really a man of the day. I have open tac and they remove the licenseexpiry file from the root access. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: