Helpful
Replies

PCD information

j.buchmann
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I would like to have information about the PCD. I explain my case:

I have 2 MCS with CUCM version 7.1.3.30000-1. The customer ordered 2 UCS in order to have the CUCM virtualized on it on version 10.5.

We want to do a smooth migration, I explain :

the MCS CUCM version 7.1.3 in parrallel with UCS CUCM version 10.5 with trunks between them. Each weekend we migrate some site from the old cluster to the new one. The new cluster will have different IP addresses.

I have installed a PCD server and performed the following:

1. add ESXi hosts
  2. discovery the clusters (old one)
  3. create the VM on the ESXi hosts with the correct OVA template (10.5)
  4. uploaded the ISO file to PCD
  5. defined the Migration Destination cluster with different network settings
  6. created a new task, migration task
  7. selected the nodes
  8. selected the upgrade file
  9. removed the shutdown lines for the old cluster

Before doing this task, I would like to be sure that this process will not impact the old cluster.

I mean, the old cluster should not suffer any downtime or any perturbation any times!

The customer really uses often the IP telephony and any loss of work will be catastrophic.

So I would like to know if I perform the task, everything will be transparent for the end user and that the old cluster will still continue to work as usually, until I decide to change the TFTP address to point to the new cluster.

Thanks in advance !

br,

Julien

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Julien,

there won't be any impact on  MCS servers.

you can also refer this beautiful DOC while doing migration

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118318-config-cucm-00.html

a cop file would be added on active partition of MCS servers called ciscocm.ucmap_platformconfig.cop

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

thanks for your reply. For the moment the discover cluster is done and the cop file installed on MCS.

Could you confirm that in my case, it's migration taks that I need to perform ? 

Once this task launched, no impact will be done on MCS and the customer can continue to work without any problem.

br,

Julien

Hi Julien,

We did a similar migration[CUCM 7.1.5  to 10.5 / change of IP address] and had no impact on production MCS servers.

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

thanks for the clarification. I have started the task and will see how it will go.

I'll keep you posted.

Br,

Julien

Hello Aman,

in addition to my previous comment, I have add the screenshot of the migration's task detail.

Br,

Julien

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: