I am planning a migration and upgrade from 2 clustered physical CUC servers running 8.5.x on MCS hardware to new virtual hosts. After reading through the posts / documents it sounds like the best method to accomplish this is to use COBRA and Shuttle. I wanted to confirm that I understand the process correctly and would greatly appreciate any input and/or corrections. I am trying to minimize down time and any message loss, so was planning to do the following:
1) Take COBRA config backup of publisher (or sub?).
2) Shutdown server
3) Install new VM OVA and install to 11.5.x
4) Use COBRA to restore backup.
5) Use Shuttle to import messagess from still running 8.5.x server.
6) Shutdown remaining 8.5.x and rebuild on virtual host (I am guessing i don't need to do a COBRA back up the 2nd one and can just build a new server and then reconnect to cluster?)
I was not planning on changing the IP/Hostnames (if possible), but if need be I could plan for that.
Apologies in advance if there is a document for this or if it's been covered already. I tried looking through discussions and upgrade/install docs, but didn't see this specific method covered.
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.