Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection migration from MCS to Virtual

ucninja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am planning a migration and upgrade from 2 clustered physical CUC servers running 8.5.x on MCS hardware to new virtual hosts.  After reading through the posts / documents it sounds like the best method to accomplish this is to use COBRA and Shuttle.  I wanted to confirm that I understand the process correctly and would greatly appreciate any input and/or corrections.  I am trying to minimize down time and any message loss, so was planning to do the following:

1) Take COBRA config backup of publisher (or sub?).

2) Shutdown server

3) Install new VM OVA and install to 11.5.x

4) Use COBRA to restore backup.

5) Use Shuttle to import messagess from still running 8.5.x server.

6) Shutdown remaining 8.5.x and rebuild on virtual host (I am guessing i don't need to do a COBRA back up the 2nd one and can just build a new server and then reconnect to cluster?)

I was not planning on changing the IP/Hostnames (if possible), but if need be I could plan for that.

Apologies in advance if there is a document for this or if it's been covered already.  I tried looking through discussions and upgrade/install docs, but didn't see this specific method covered.

Appreciate any and all help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

COBRAS doesn't move every single piece of data from the server, your plan looks good, build this as a single server, once data has been moved, then rebuild the CUC cluster.

Your hostname/IP can be the same or different, COBRAS doesn't care.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

COBRAS doesn't move every single piece of data from the server, your plan looks good, build this as a single server, once data has been moved, then rebuild the CUC cluster.

Your hostname/IP can be the same or different, COBRAS doesn't care.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you!!