Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UpGrade 8.6.2.0000-2 to 10.x

Guys

Question: I have to Upgrade the following please need your attention and help for the same

CUCM 8.6.2.20000-2       to            CUCM 10.x

CUP 8.6.4.10000-28         to           IM&P 10.x

UNCN  8.6.2.20000-2      to           UNCN 10.x

The above Server is in already Virtualized.

What I understand is that, I have to do RU (Refresh Upgrade) and what I would like to know is that

• Do I need a COP file?
  • How can upgrade CUP & UNCN?
  • Can I use PCD?

I have all the necessary Cisco EWS and UCSS Contract. Please help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can refer the link which will answer your queries

Supported Releases

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_010.html

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to Aman´s link, you need to review the upgrade guide, the RNs, and the new and changed documentation for those 3 products if all you plan is an upgrade, and not a migration.

There are several considerations you need to take aside from the RU you asked.

All the above documentation is available at cisco.com under the support section.

PCD´s only difference to a manual upgrade, is that you can schedule it. The rest of the work, install, and changes, are still done manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can refer the link which will answer your queries

Supported Releases

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_010.html

regds,

aman

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to Aman´s link, you need to review the upgrade guide, the RNs, and the new and changed documentation for those 3 products if all you plan is an upgrade, and not a migration.

There are several considerations you need to take aside from the RU you asked.

All the above documentation is available at cisco.com under the support section.

PCD´s only difference to a manual upgrade, is that you can schedule it. The rest of the work, install, and changes, are still done manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: