cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM and CUC from 8.6.2 to 11.5

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All, Doing an upgrade from 8.6 to 11.5 using PCD. All setup and ready to go but PCD is NOT showing me the steps in the "Specify Migration Procedure" window. I need to run the new system in parallel so I need to delete some of the steps - i.e. shutdown of the originating servers.

Any idea why as I've never had this problem before?

TIA

Paul

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the title it says 8.5.1 and then you say 8.6, that makes a HUGE difference in terms of PCD support for an upgrade, have you reviewed the PCD documentation where it states which versions are supported for a PCD upgrade??

EDIT: and then you say migration, which is yet, another whole different thing in PCD. Migration is NOT the same as an upgrade, and terms are not interchangeable.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry - typo. Yes I am migrating a 8.6.2 cluster to 11.5 - I thought I was hitting bug CSCva35475 so upgraded to version 11.6 but still getting the same error.

OK, are you running the latest PCD which is available?

HTH

java

Yes 11.6 though I can't say if v12.X is suitable as there isn't any release notes - do you know?

PCD is backward compatible and you should always run the latest one available.

HTH

java

**bleep**!!!

I'm trying to migrate cucm 8.6(2) to 12.5(1) using PCD 12.6 as required and I'm getting the same error

see attached