Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade/Migration using PCD from 8.6 to 10.5

Customer has a cluster with a publisher and 7 subscribers.  Infrastructure is a mix of 6 spec-based VM servers and 2 MCS servers.  I am considering using PCD, but I have the following questions:

1. With the mix of virtual and MCS servers, do I need to do a migration vice an upgrade?
  2. If I do the migration, does this essentially double the virtual real estate required until the migration is complete and I can delete the 8.6 servers?
  3. Any other gotchas that I should be aware of?  This will be my first PCD upgrade/migration.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan Richie

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi, you need to have all VM

Hi,

you need to have all VM based servers for CUCM 10. 

MCS won't be supported.

regds,

aman

Cisco Employee

PCD will install and push the

PCD will install and push the info one server at a time, you can either keep the same IP addressing and hostname, or change it. If you're going to keep the same, you need to build a separate network with ALL the services you have in production and make sure you do not cause a conflict by separating the networks.

If you have the CAR DB at full capacity, delete the records to avoid timing out.

And as Aman said, 10.x and above are ONLY supported over ESXi, no baremetal support.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content