cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to 9.X on UCS multicast MOH Fixed Audio

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We are in the process of upgrading our 7.X on MCS cluster to 9.X on UCS.  We currently use fixed MOH via USB on the MCS.  We have purchased the Barix Instreamer and I understand that it will simply be "highjacking" the stream.  My question is what is the best method of blocking Multicast from CCM.  We have the Nexus 1000V in place and I would expect that would be the best place on the port-profile for the Callmanager servers but not sure the format of the ACL.  I can't remove the ip pim sparse dense mode on the SVI because we have gateways on that network as well and they will need to be able to reach the multicast address, which also rule out putting it on the SVI.  Has anyone implemented this on the 1000V and if so what would be the format of the ACL?

I have referenced the writeup by William Bell on netcraftsmen but they only mention the acl not what is contains.

Thanks,

Joe

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

The Max Hops field in the Music On Hold (MOH) Server Configuration window indicates the maximum number of routers that an audio source is allowed to cross. If max hops is set to zero, the audio source must remain in its own subnet. If max hops is set to one, the audio source can cross up to one router to the next subnet.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsgd-712-cm/fsmoh.html

HTH

Manish

I don't think the Max Hops will work since I have gateways on the same layer 3 subnet, won't they join the multicast stream from CCM?

Thanks,

Joe