cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best way to forward to a Mobile

MooneyN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - Using Unity 4.0(5) in a UM/Exchange environment.

I want to have subscribers with voicemail greetings that say "press 1 to transfer to my mobile, otherwise hold to leave a message".

What is the best way to setup the subscribers so it takes caller input during the greeting that then forwards to an outside number? I know how to setup call input for the "press 1" part i just don't know where i should point that input.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Create a call handler for the particular user you want to transfer the call to and then on the transfer page, set the "ring subscriber at this extension" to 9+. Make sure that your restriction tables do allow setting transfers to external numbers. This will be set in the CS_Default_transfer table, or Default_transfer table. Set the schedule for this callhandler to all-day, all hours...

Under caller input of subscriber, map key 1 to "Attempt transfer to callhandler" you created above.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Create a call handler for the particular user you want to transfer the call to and then on the transfer page, set the "ring subscriber at this extension" to 9+. Make sure that your restriction tables do allow setting transfers to external numbers. This will be set in the CS_Default_transfer table, or Default_transfer table. Set the schedule for this callhandler to all-day, all hours...

Under caller input of subscriber, map key 1 to "Attempt transfer to callhandler" you created above.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

mrmoejoe
Level 1
Level 1

We have this setup with a supervised transfer.

On the Callhandler you are using to make the transfer select "Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension" and enter 9+ the number to dial. Also under transfer type select Supervise transfer and set the number of rings to wait.

We also check Announce, Confirm, and Ask Caller's name under Gather caller information.

The end result is when a caller chooses to be transfered to the mobile they are prompted for their name and hear hold music during the transfer. The when the reciever answers the call they are asked if they would like to take a call from X, if they accept the call is transfered if they deny the call is sent to back to the Unity voice mail. If you tweek the number of rings an unanswered call transfered in this fashion will also go back to the Untiy voice mail.

You also need to set up the transfer to this call handler on the subscribers caller input options.

If you use the Alternate Contact Number feature in Unity 4.2(1), by default it will only perform blind transfers. However, an enhancement to this is now available in a 4.2(1) ES that will allow the ACN feature to follow the subscriber's active transfer rules, including any call screening. This should allow you to setup the same thing but without needing to create additional CallHandlers for each subscriber.

Here're the basics on ACN...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008061c412.html#wp1204171

And here's the bug ID for the enhancement...

CSCsi02306